Self-Love is your love story.
We all know the term used when we are on a plane about to fly off “you have to put the oxygen mask on yourself before you can help others” and the same is true in life, love, and relationships. We know that when we are confident and happy within ourselves, we sleep better, we eat better, and we connect better. Our energies are aligned as we are in a state of appreciation for ourselves.
So, what is Self- Love?
Self-Love means creating your own culture of having outstanding regard for your own well-being, happiness, and contentment. It is the practice of caring for and valuing oneself. It also involves setting boundaries and standing up for oneself, as well as taking responsibility for our own happiness It is the foundation for a healthy and fulfilling life, and it involves both self-acceptance and self-compassion. It means taking care of our needs and not sacrificing anything to please people. Self-love grows from actions that support our physical, psychological, and spiritual growth. Social connection and support can dramatically improve your health and increase longevity and is a vital component in promoting positive mental health, self-esteem, and self-confidence.
How do you gain Self-Love?
There are several ways that you can gain self-love, and some include:
- Prioritizing self-care activities: Exercising, meditation, Yoga, Journaling, massages are all great selfcare activities that will enhance your self-love journey.
- Healthy Diet: Eating a well-balanced diet that includes all the good vegetables, fruit, nuts, and grains can drastically assist in both your physical and mental wellbeing.
- Managing stress: Almost daily we feel stressful about one thing or another so to manage it by Yoga, Aromatherapy oils, breathing techniques and mindfulness can help reduce our levels.
- Sleep: As we get older, we need to be resting and sleeping more so a good night’s sleep of around 7-9 hours is suggested to promote both physical and mental wellbeing.
- Finally, Connection: Social connection and support can dramatically improve your health and increase longevity and is a vital component in promoting positive mental health, self-esteem, and self-confidence.
It is really important to remember that no one is the same and selfcare can look differently to each other so it is important to acknowledge and find what works best for each of us.
It is sometimes hard to give ourselves self-love all the time and that is where a good friend, guide or coach is really needed to keep us on the right path. If you want to discuss Self-Love more, I’d be happy to chat.
Book a call on: