Struggling with accomplishing a goal,
There is nothing wrong if we ask for help! In fact, there is everything right.
What am I talking about? Life Coaching of course.
Let’s just break this down a bit!
The International Coaching Federation describes Life Coaching as “Partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential”.
You can get a life coach who deals with Health, Fitness, Relationships, Career, and personal development who will guide and develop skill sets to reach a clarified goal. It is about actively partnering with someone who can set specified goals and accountabilities that will enable you to reach and achieve your goals
If you are interested in changing your life for the better, discussing with someone who is outside of your circle and life can be the change that you need.
Life Coaching is working with clients to clarify goals, identify obstacles and behaviors in order to create action plans to meet desired outcomes. How many times have you started something but never finished it because you felt like an imposter or something else came up and you then just forgot about it? It happens so often to all of us. We know that we have more inside of us and that we are absolutely capable but we don’t take the next step to getting help to show the world what good we have inside.
Life coaching focuses on right where you are as a starting point and tends to be more action based moving forward. We don’t spend much time on what has happened but we very much focus on moving ahead, leaving the past behind us. There is a reason why we try things over and over again and we get the same stagnant results – we are not being guided and we are not being accountable.
Life Coaching deals with and focusses on helping you create and achieve your future goals. We deal with the here and now and how to get to where you want to be.
Life Coaches do not treat mental illness. Psychotherapists are trained to help people who are facing mental health issues such as depression, PTSD, and psychosis. Life Coaches are not
Life Coaching is usually Short term whilst therapy is usually longer term. Working with a life coach timeline can be from one month to one year. In that time you should be collecting the strategies that will guide you to reaching your goals. You will likely have made significant progress towards reaching that goal by the end of your coaching.
So when should you see a Life Coach?
Just a few examples to ask yourself to see if you are ready to take your life to the next level.
- When you want to get Clarity on the next chapter in your life – whether it is a career change, major life changes, empty nest syndrome, separation or even divorce.
- When you know you have more value than what most people are seeing. You desire to serve and to have your life have purpose and meaning.
- When you feel Stuck and want to get unstuck to actually achieving the goals that you set out. Your life is on Autopilot in a routine that is hard to break to get out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself.
- When you have a great idea but you don’t know how to shift the idea into goals and targets to actually accomplish your desires.
- When you are trying to rid yourself of unhealthy habit and replace them with healthy ones, whether it is related to health, relationships, career, physical or emotional.
Isn’t it time that you started showing up in your own life?
Reach out to me for a FREE session to discuss this further